1 cup italian rice
1 tablespoon chicken base
4 stalks celery
- In a large pot, boil chicken with chopped celery. Add salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon).
- After 30 minutes of boiling chicken, remove pot from heat. Remove chicken pieces, debone and skin. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot.
- Five minutes after the chicken starts to boil again, add the rice. Let the rice expand (about 10 minutes). Remove form heat.
- Add 1/2 the lemon to the soup and stir.
- After about 10 minutes off the heat, stir in the 2 eggs, juice of the other half lemon and cold water mixture (1 cup). Stir quickly so as not to cook the egg.