1 pkg (450g) elbow pasta
2 lbs ground beef
3 onions, chopped
1 can whole tomatoes, chopped
1 can tomato paste
Salt - pepper - oregano
1. Boil pasta as per package instructions. Drain and return pasta to pot. Top with some oil to prevent sticking.
2. Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes and add the beef. Brown the meat until fully cooked. Drain and return to cooking pot.
3. Start to reheat the beef and add the can of whole tomatoes, chopped. Using a food processor is great for both the onions and tomatoes.
4. Add the tomato paste. You can add 2-3 tablespoons, but I usually add the whole can, since I don't use it that often and the ground beef soaks up the tomatoes pretty quickly. Just a little extra tomato-y tasting.
5. Add salt - pepper - oregano to taste. I don't usually do this step, but it has been suggested so it's worth the mention.
6. Mix meat sauce into pot of cooked pasta and stir.
7. Serve with feta!