3 cans of kidney/white beans
3-4 onions, chopped
6 carrots, peeled and chopped
6 celery stocks, chopped
Handful of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon oregano
1. Sauté onions in a large pot with some oil.
2. Add the cans of beans with liquid it comes with and a can of water for each can used.
3. Add carrots, celery, parsley and oregano.
4. Although this is a vegetarian meal, I add a tablespoon of chicken base for extra flavour and instead of salt. You can also add a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste for more flavour.
5. Boil and then simmer for 1 hour. Serve with crusty bread.